Re: Performance Problem

From: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf(at)campus(dot)iztacala(dot)unam(dot)mx>
To: "Paulo Sousa (EST)" <est-p-sousa(at)ptinovacao(dot)pt>
Cc: "'pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance Problem
Date: 2000-06-02 14:18:27
Lists: pgsql-ports
> Hello, i have compile the postgres 7.0 under the sparc solaris 7 but it's to
> slow....
> I have a PC 200MHz with Red Hat 6.1 and is more faster than the Sun Ultra
> 10, why?
> This is my times when i make the same test in solaris and under  the PC:
> 	PC --> 5 min.
> 	SUN --> 18 min.  ????

This may be related to a problem I have been having on my Alpha with
Postgres 6.5.3: It is not 64-bit clean, and it produces large amounts of
unaligned traps, which slow down performance... It seems this will be
fixed for 7.1

           Gunnar Wolf    gwolf(at)campus(dot)iztacala(dot)unam(dot)mx
     Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Iztacala
   Jefatura de Sección de Desarrollo y Admon. de Sistemas en Red
        Area de Seguridad en Computo - DCI - DGSCA - UNAM
  Beginner thinks 1Kb == 1000 bytes.   Master knows 1Km == 1024m