Re: Postgresql usage clip.

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql usage clip.
Date: 2000-05-30 03:56:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 30 May 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > > Well, you have binaries for NT, but what about home users/developers on 95? 98?
> > > mySQL even does OS/2. Really.
> >
> > But you have to pay money to run it on those platforms (except for OS/2).
>
> And, I seem to recall someone did an OS/2 binary for PostgreSQL ...

Gooing by the language in the User Manual, PostgreSQL does seem to work on
Win9x:

"...The only part of the library to really be installed is the libpq.dll
library. This file should in most cases be placed in the WINNT\SYSTEM32
directory (or in WINDOWS\SYSTEM on a Windows 95/98 system)..."

The documentation references using MVC++.

Brett W. McCoy
http://www.chapelperilous.net
Hello. Jim Rockford's machine, this is Larry Doheny's machine. Will you
please have your master call my master at his convenience? Thank you.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
-- "The Rockford Files"