Re: Minimal patches for PostgreSQL 7.0b3 on NetBSD/alpha 1.4.1....

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Kevin P(dot) Neal" <kpneal(at)pobox(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Minimal patches for PostgreSQL 7.0b3 on NetBSD/alpha 1.4.1....
Date: 2000-04-14 23:48:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Has anyone compared these to Ryan Kirkpatrick's efforts for Linux/Alpha?

I have not... I would glance over the patches if I could find them
(mailing list archive search turned up nothing or error messages). If some
one could forward them to me, I will give them a quick look over.
Most of the Linux/Alpha patches have to do with replacing int8,
int16, int32, and absoluteTime (not sure on the spelling of the last) to
Datum when passing to functions. Not 100% what that does, but seems to
solve a number of data corruption problems in passing data through the
utility adt functions. I plan to figure out more specificly what is going
on, but first I need to graduate from college. :)

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |