Re: [HACKERS] 7.0beta1-0.2 testing RPMS are now available.

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 7.0beta1-0.2 testing RPMS are now available.
Date: 2000-02-29 02:00:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry about the delayed response, been busy.... :(

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Testing RPMs for the 7.0beta1 release are now available on
> ftp.postgresql.org. Please note that these RPMS are BETA -- the
> packaging is still rough in spots. It would not be a good idea to try
> to upgrade a production system from the stable 6.5.3-3 RPM set to this
> set -- please use a development system to test with. The following are
> known to be things that need fixing that are packaging related:
>
> 1.) Alpha patches are needed -- Ryan K or Uncle George?

Arrg... Guess that means me? :) I will try and find the time to
download the 7.0 beta tarball and give it a spin on my Alpha by the end of
the week.
I have no clue on what patches are going to be needed, given that
I have yet to even see what parts of the system they touched, let alone
how much those parts have changed since 6.5.x. This will probably prove
interesting. I will let you (and the list know) as soon as I have some
results. TTYL.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |