From: Guillaume Marçais <gus(at)nist(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 1999-05-24 17:42:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

I want to fill an array in my database with the content of a file. I
know the number of value I have to add (written in the begining of the
file), but I'd like not to load all the file in memory. So I can't put the
value within the INSERT command. Is it possible to insert an array with a
fixed size and to fill at after?

I have tried things like :
CREATE TABLE timeseries (seriesid int4 PRIMARY KEY,
samples float8 []) ;
INSERT INTO timeseries (seriesid, samples[1000]) VALUES (1, '{}') ;
UPDATE timeseries SET samples[1]=5 WHERE seriesid=1 ;
-> ERROR : array_set: array bound exceeded

Any help?

Guillaume.