version numbers of WinODBC

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'Joel Burton'" <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>, Pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: version numbers of WinODBC
Date: 2000-12-19 12:53:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Dave Page wrote:

> Just downloaded this driver to get the referential integrity stuff and find
> that the version number is 6.40.0.9 whereas the latest version that Byron (I
> assume it was Byron anyway) compiled was 6.50.0.0. Is your version based on
> older code or is there another reason for this?
There were so many misunderstandings and confusions about the version
numbers. I suggest rewriting the version number (in psqlodbc.h and
psqlodbc.rc) after each submitted patch for each submitter. As I can see
in the CVS, last 6 months the source was modified by Peter, Thomas, Tom
and Bruce. My idea is to change the version number to 7.0.3.1 or 7.1.0.0
if you experience that the driver works with 7.1devel.

But indeed, checking the CVS, I found 6.40.0.9 and Byron's latest compiled
version was 6.50.0.0. I am afraid Byron didn't submitted his modifications
to the CVS... However, I don't think he changed anything except the
version number. But I'm not sure.

Comments?

Zoltan