Re: Industrial-Strength Logging

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Industrial-Strength Logging
Date: 2000-07-27 20:00:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I realized that 7.0.2 still doesn't have documentation about 'database
recovery'. Searching the PostgreSQL web server, I found worthy comments.
What are the results of this discussion? My poor idea is to create a text
file which made from the debugging messages (via syslog and pg_options)
and then, after a crash, resend all the queries from the text file. I have
no idea to send the original time to the database if a recovery is needed
(but this is only the first problem, I'm sure there will be many). What
solution do you suggest? Does anybody plan to write the documentation
about this?

TIA,
Zoltan