Re: Postgresql usage clip.

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)admin(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
To: Ron Peterson <rpeterson(at)yellowbank(dot)com>
Cc: John Steele <jsteele(at)writeme(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql usage clip.
Date: 2000-05-30 14:39:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Ron Peterson wrote:

> John Steele wrote:
>
> > IMO, having a 'toy' server during development on a win9x platform would be really nice. Coming from a MySQL/PHP background, it sure is nice to take the laptop out on a nice day and be able to develop 'real' applications that are then moved to a real server platform.
>
> Why don't you just run Linux on your laptop? Dual boot if you need to
> Windoze for your day-job. Then you could develop a real application on
> a real operating system.

Or score a hat trick. Load FBSD4.0 and Linux along with Windoze.
Use os-bs as a boot loader in the windoze partition. I do this.
I get to test Pg on both of my work environments.

North Richmond Community Mental Health Center
Thomas Good, MIS Coordinator tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
Phone: 718-354-5528
Fax: 718-354-5056
North Richmond Systems PostgreSQL s l a c k w a r e
Are Powered By: RDBMS |---------- linux