JDBC Driver

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: PostgreSQL Interfaces List <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC Driver
Date: 1999-05-17 23:02:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've just committed (finally) some bug fixes to the JDBC driver:

Tue May 18 00:00:00 BST 1999
- Just after committing, I realised why internationalisation isn't
working. This is now fixed (in the Makefile).

Mon May 17 23:40:00 BST 1999
- PG_Stream.close() now attempts to send the close connection message
to the backend before closing the streams
- Added batch support in the JDBC2, supplied by Yutaka Tanida <yutaka(at)marin(dot)or(dot)jp>
- Removed the old datestyle code. Now the driver uses only ISO.
- Removed some files in the postgresql directory still in CVS that were
moved since 6.4.x (DatabaseMetaData.java PreparedStatement.java
ResultSetMetaData.java Statement.java)
- Internationalisation of the error messages is partially implemented, however
it's not enabled as it only works when the jar file is _not_ used, and
work needs to be done.

You may notice that the driver now supports Internationalisation on the
error messages. What this means is that if you are french, it will return
a french error message, and if you are english, it returns english.

currently only three messages are implemented in this way, but by
tomorrow, I'll have the rest implemented.

PS: I'm using http://babelfish.altavista.com to do the translations, so
it's not perfect. Anyone who speaks either French, German, Spanish or
Portugese may want to glance over it when I'm done.

This was something I've been hoping to include for quite some time, but as
always the solution was simple ;-)

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk