RE: [INTERFACES] not translating a query properly. . .

From: Hugh Lawson <hglawson(at)nr(dot)infi(dot)net>
To: Michael J Davis <michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
Cc: "'JT Kirkpatrick'" <jt-kirkpatrick(at)mpsllc(dot)com>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] not translating a query properly. . .
Date: 1999-04-30 21:11:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I also had a problem with initdb creating 6.3 type databases after I
had compiled and installed the pgsql 6.4 source. I had not completely
removed all traces of 6.3. In particular, super-user postgres home
address was RedHat style /var/lib whatever, and there were still some
files there.

After I deleted the postgres user and made sure everything was gone,
then initdb worked properly. I went back to 6.3 anyway because I
couldn't get pgaccess working in 6.4, and some other problems, and I
was frazzled from the unaccustomed work of setting up from sources.
Spoiled by rpm, I guess.

I'll try again now that I've learned that there is an escape route.
Fortunately for me this is all hobby, and I don't have anybody
depending on my db.

Incidentally, suse 5.2 has "wish" not in /usr/bin as specified in the
stock pgaccess script. (I also fiddle with a suse distribution.) I
solved this with a bash script that contained "wish -f <path to
pgaccess>".

Hugh Lawson
Greensboro, North Carolina
hglawson(at)nr(dot)infi(dot)net