Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Webpages Online

From: Amos Hayes <ahayes(at)polkaroo(dot)net>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Mike Meyer <mwm(at)phone(dot)net>, Oliver Andrich <olli(at)rhein-zeitung(dot)de>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, announce(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Webpages Online
Date: 1999-04-09 19:12:48
Lists: pgsql-announce
On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Sorry Mike, but ... if we wanted boring, we'd be still running a gopher
> server :(  When Vince and gang started working on revamping the site, I
> asked for but one thing...something that was visually appealling, and,
> IMHO, that is what they provided.
>
> What you show as an example below is more suited, IMHO, to a gopher site
> then a WWW site.  I wasn't looking for 101 graphics to slow down download,
> only something that didn't put me to sleep mentally looking at it...
>
> I believe that Vince and gang has succeeded in doing that, and, with some
> of the more constructive critism's that I've seen come throgh on how to
> improve the frames, I personally feel that they are doing a good job
> maintaining and improving the site...

If the choice of site design is going to be based on your personal opinion
then could we please stop this thread now. It is a rare occurance indeed
for a someone's tastes to change based on other people's arguments.

If the goal is to solicit feedback from the postgresql community, then
accept the comments and give them equal weight to your own. Otherwise
we're back to personal taste.

Either way, you should decide if you want feedback or not and let people
know. It's nice to only want positive feedback but it rarely comes that
way.

--
Amos Hayes
ahayes(at)polkaroo(dot)net			Ingenia Group - Software Kinetics Ltd.