Re: [INTERFACES] Converting microsoft access to postgresql

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>
To: Frederic De Leersnijder <frederic(dot)de(dot)leersnijder(at)pandora(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Converting microsoft access to postgresql
Date: 1999-03-24 08:07:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Frederic De Leersnijder wrote:

> I'm looking for a program to convert a microsoft access mdb to postgres.

pgAdmin will do the job. It does it through the ODBC interface. For big
databases, though, I've had better luck dumping tables to text files and
doing a bulk copy back into PostgreSQL.

Brett W. McCoy
http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
The Arkansas legislature passed a law that states that the Arkansas
River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.