Re: [DOCS] Re: Interest in translate postgreSQL to portuguese

From: Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa <joukim(at)comp(dot)ufla(dot)br>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Re: Interest in translate postgreSQL to portuguese
Date: 1999-03-05 23:56:36
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > > We are a little group of brazilian programmers
> > > starting to use postgreSQL (we pretend to
> > > develop a library manager system).
> > > We are interested in mantain a complete translation
> > > of postgreSQL documents. So, we need to know:
> > > - who is the mantainer and the manager of the
> > > documentation?
>
> Hi.

Hi.

> > > - where we can get the source of the documentation
> > > (SGML, I suppose...)
>
> It ships with the Postgres sources, in the doc/src/sgml/ directory.

Thanks. I'm searching a src.rpm of the latest version now.

> > > - what documentation are recommended to start?
>
> I would suggest starting with the Tutorial and the Admin Guide. Both of
> these are relatively short, and are useful to those getting started with
> Postgres. The User's Guide may be the most important if you were
> translating *only* one document.

We pretend translate all Postgres documents. We will start with these
documents (Tutorial and Admin Guide).

> With CVSup or anonymous CVS you can keep a local copy of the most
> current documentation source, and with CVSup you can do diffs, etc to
> find out what is new or changed to help you keep in sync.

I never used CVS before. Where in web I can found help?

> The jade/DocBook toolset we use supposedly provides multi-language
> support, including Portuguese.

What are these tools? Never heard before... Are they SGML tools?

[]s
Joaquim
(	)    Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa  	(	)
   (*)          Prof. DEX - UFLA	   (*)