Re: [INTERFACES] Open database with Pgaccess

From: Leo Cyr <lcyr(at)itnetsys(dot)com>
To: "fabien(dot)vallon" <fabien(dot)vallon(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Open database with Pgaccess
Date: 1999-02-28 16:00:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
By default postgres only listens on Unix domain sockets NOT TCP/IP.  You
need to edit the startup script for postgres and pass the call to
postmaster the "-i" parameter.  You should see this and more with man
postmaster.  I use my own build of postgres so my startup scripts is home
brew, but you can start by following the symbolic link in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d
(if you boot the server to text console) or /etc/rc.d/rc5.d (if the server
boots to some x login).  To do this just do an "ls -l | grep post" you
should see where the link points.

As for apache, perl, and postgres I have found if I scrutinized the
directores in the DBD-Pg-<version> directory there is a test.pl for both
standard ops and one for blobs.  Note, If your "make test" when you
installed the DBD-Pg stuff that means that the code in test.pl will run.
 And is therefore the best simple example around.  As far as general doc
on DBI I found great examples to get me started at
www.hermetica.com/technologia/perl/DBI.