Re: [INTERFACES] What's that query limit again?

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Matthew Hagerty <matthew(at)venux(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] What's that query limit again?
Date: 1999-02-25 09:30:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Matthew Hagerty wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> The query limit is 8K right?  What about the size of rows returned by a
> select?  If it is 8K too, then how might I be sure I can get all the
> results of a row that has several "text" fields?  The user may type more
> than 8K total across all the fields...
>
> I'm trying to avoid large objects.

There's two 8k limits, one the size of the query, the other the block size
in the table. The latter is changeable (at compile time) upto 32K with
varying levels of success.

The size of a returned result is only limited to the resources of the
server, and in some cases the client.

Peter

--
       Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk