Re: [INTERFACES] Problem with ODBC

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Michael Doyle <relyod(at)co-operation-ireland(dot)ie>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Problem with ODBC
Date: 1999-02-24 23:16:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Michael Doyle wrote:

> I have just set up Postgress on a FreeBSD server,
> and when I try to access a test table via ODBC (from Access 95)
> I see the table definition fine (it does allow me to link to it)
> but when I try to view the data in the table I get the following
> error:
> 	"ERROR: test1: Permission denied. (#1)"
> Any ideas as to what is wrong
> Specifically I HAVE listed this PC in the pg_hba.conf, with the following
> listing:
> host    all             trust
> where is my ip.
> I have even tried replacing the net-mask with (the net mask on the
> lan) and that does not help

The netmask isnt the same as the lan's but that to access the PC. So if
you are allowing just the pc access then you would use something like:

host all trust

However, for your subnet, then it would be the same as your
network's subnect, something like:

host all trust

       Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
      Main Homepage:
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq:
 Java PDF Generator: