Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and WWW

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Dmitry Iv Popov <mitlas(at)auricvision(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and WWW
Date: 1998-11-30 07:26:07
Lists: pgsql-general
On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, Dmitry Iv Popov wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> great thanks to Oleg Broytmann for his  useful advice,  I've
> understood the proper  fromat for input data at last and the
> problem with copying DB from file was successfully solved.
>
> Well,  I hope  you will  not be  angry with  me for one more
> (and I want belive the last) lame question: how do I make my
> DB accessible from the Web (via JDBC)?  With what parameters
> should I call 'Class.forName()' and
> 'DriverManager.getConnection()' in case of PostgreSQL?

Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:rscexamdb","username","password");

> I must notice that I'm going to write a servlet,  but not an
> applet.

It works best with servlet's and applications, but (personally) it's not
that good for applets.

For applets, it would be better to have your own protocol to a servlet,
then jdbc to the database.

--
       Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk