Re: permissions ..

From: Oleg Broytmann <phd(at)comus(dot)ru>
To: Reshma Choodanath <creshma(at)lucent(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: permissions ..
Date: 1998-05-21 06:40:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

[ I am answering to pgsql-general instead of pgsql-questions ]

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Reshma Choodanath wrote:
> I was trying the to revoke and grant permissions to the users on the tables,
> from the psql prompt. I appears that the revoke and grant functions donot
> do the needful. Could someone help me, as to how the permissions
> can be manipulated.

I didn't note any problem. When I write CGIs, I grant permissions with
psql; something like this:

create user httpd
psql -c "grant select on mytable to httpd;" mydatabase

I didn't play with REVOKE, though...

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann http://members.tripod.com/~phd2/ phd2(at)earthling(dot)net