Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL

From: Karel Zak - Zakkr <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Sander Steffann <sander(at)steffann(dot)nl>, Ed Loehr <ELOEHR(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-12-27 11:33:52
Lists: pgsql-general
On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > - A dump program that can dump/restore large objects.
> >
> > Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, and we work with PostgreSQL a lot
> > without any big problems. Just some ideas to make it easier for the
> > administrator.
> We are going to do very long tuples in 7.0 and 7.1.  This may make large
> objects obsolete.

You can try for LO dump:

I write this program for my private project, but I can continue in this
program development if it is interesting for more PG's uses. (Or add it to

..But as Bruce say, LO API is obsolete. But we don't forget: now exist
application which use LO and rewrite this app. to standard-tuple version
will of long duration - good LO support must be in more next PgSQL
versions too.

Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>

Docs:                    (big docs archive)
Kim Project:        (process manager)
FTP:        (C/ncurses/PgSQL)