Perl/Pg.pm/DBI.pm question

From: Ludovic Marcotte <ludovic(at)Sophos(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Perl/Pg.pm/DBI.pm question
Date: 1998-10-15 03:17:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,
First of all, I'd like to know how can I connect to a non-local
database using the DBI->connect function with the Pg.pm module. Presently,
I use a call like the following:

$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbmain", $dbuser, $dbpass, {PrintError
=> 0}) or die $DBI::errstr;

where all my variables are defined correctly and this works ok for my
local database connection.. but suppose I'd like to connect to the host
foo.bar.com, port 5432, dbname=test .. what syntax should I use to do so?

Finally, I'd like to know if Pg.pm does support crypt
authentication? If yes, how can I use it?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Ludovic