Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC and getTableTypes problem

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Jim Carroll <jim(at)carroll(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC and getTableTypes problem
Date: 1998-08-24 07:40:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Jim Carroll wrote:

>  I am having difficulty try to get the  getTableTypes()  interface  of  JDBC
>  functioning correctly with Postgresql 6.3.2. When I try to loop through the
>  TABLE_TYPE  attributes, all I can retrieve are 6 copies of the type 'SYSTEM

>  Any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  If someone has the
>  time, maybe you could try this example on your system, and see if you get
>  the same result.

Nicely spotted. I've just fixed the problem in getTableTypes() - it was
reusing the same object for each row, rather than creating a new one,
hence the last value is returned each time.

The fix will be in the 6.4 version of the driver.

>  Thanks.
> ---
> Jim C., President       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
> 201-488-1332            | New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
>                         | Want to make your business more competitive, and
>                         | at the same time, decrease costs?  Ask about the
>  | Carroll-Net  Message Server.

       Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
      Main Homepage:
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq:
 Java PDF Generator: