Re: [INTERFACES] compiling jdbc with JDK 1.1.3

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Bartlomiej Papierski <bartek(at)amg(dot)net(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] compiling jdbc with JDK 1.1.3
Date: 1998-08-01 22:54:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Bartlomiej Papierski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm novice in java programming, but advanced in PostreSQL.
>
> I get the following error while compiling jdbc source:
>
> javac postgresql/CallableStatement.java
> postgresql/CallableStatement.java:37: Can't subclass interfaces: interface
> java.sql.PreparedStatement
> public class CallableStatement extends PreparedStatement implements
> java.sql.CallableStatement
> ^
> Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Try removing the CLASSPATH, ie:

[postgres(at)maidast pgsql]$ unset CLASSPATH
[postgres(at)maidast pgsql]$ make

That should work.

The problem's caused by javac getting confused with the class names being
identical to the classes in the java.sql package.

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk