Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC JAVA interface

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Cyril Ferrand <Cyril(dot)Ferrand(at)sophia(dot)inria(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC JAVA interface
Date: 1998-07-16 05:56:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Cyril Ferrand wrote:

> Hello
> Does anybody have written a Postgresql interface using jdbc? An applet of a
> Application use AWT. I work on it, I would make selection and have graphical
> result...
> If someone have exemple, Thanks.

There are several out there. I'm working on one, and I know (don't
have the url) of another general purpose frontend thats being
written at the moment.

Infact one is in the driver's source distribution. When you make the
driver, run:

[jdbc]$ make examples
[jdbc]$ java example.ImageViewer jdbc:postgresql:dbase user password

replace dbase, user and password with your values for an empty database.

>From the source:

This example tests the binary large object api of the driver.
Basically, it will allow you to store and view images held in the
database.

Note: If you are running this for the first time on a particular
database, you have to select "Initialise" in the "PostgreSQL"
menu. This will create a table used to store image names.

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk