Re: [INTERFACES] Creating a C Function

From: Screech <screech(at)screech(dot)org>
To: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)altoplanos(dot)net>
Cc: Postgres Interface List <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Creating a C Function
Date: 1998-07-12 23:24:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> > I am trying to create a function using C, but I am having trouble getting
> > Postgres to execute it. If I call the function from a C program, it works
> > fine, but pgsql gives me this:
> >
> > ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/obj/gen_username.so failed: Unable
> > to resolve symbol
>
> Is '/usr/local/pgsql/obj/' in the library path for your system? Try
> copying gen_username.so to '/lib' or '/usr/lib' (probably the second is
> the best).
> This is a quick SWAG.

OK. I'm slow. :) (I haven't replied yet, have I? Maybe I'm dumb... :)
Lots of things going on. I put the .so in /usr/lib, ran ldconfig in case
that's necessary <shrug> to no avail. I stole the make file from some of
the tutorial examples. If I compile the tutorials, it works like a champ,
but mine still fails. Is there someting special I should be doing in the
C source? I'm sure I'm missing something minor... TIA...

Jason Lee screech(at)screech(dot)org
So many times we believe that our lives will go to waste unless strive to
achieve so many things out of haste. Sometimes we run too fast, when God
is asking us to crawl. He who is faithful minding less shall be given to
rule over all