error messages not only English

From: "Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
To: hackers postgres <pgsql-hackers(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: general postgres <pgsql-general(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: error messages not only English
Date: 1998-05-22 10:52:19
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I see that PostgreSQL mainly gives error messages in English, I see also that
in some cases there's the possibility to configure it to give messages in
other languages like global.c that may be configured to give messages in
German.
MySQL gives the possibility to configure it using an external file containing
the messages by specifying it using the parameter LANGUAGE=<language>
where <language> is one of the following:

czech
english
french
germany
italian
norwegian
norwegian-ny
polish
portuguese
spanish
swedish

It will be great if we could have also this feature on PostreSQL.
I'm available to help on translation to Portuguese, Spanish and Italian.
Jose'