Re: [HACKERS] CVSup

From: teunis <teunis(at)mauve(dot)computersupportcentre(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CVSup
Date: 1998-03-30 22:47:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, teunis wrote:
>
> > I haven't been able to CVSup in a bit... I keep getting
> >
> > runtime error:
> > Attempt to dereference NIL
> > file "../src/text/Text.m3", line 58
>
> Have you tried removing the ../src/text directory? What version
> of CVSup? Operating system?

Thanks - I always forget OS...

I don't HAVE a ../src/text directory - it looks like an error in the
binary... BUT - I've figured it out.. *grin*

> > Anyone have any ideas? This has been happening since January and
> > intermittently before since the beginning of November (IIRC).
>
> Geez, I just *love* timely bug reports :)

*heh* - well, it WAS intermittent. Thought it was lack of drivespace
actually - because it would start working (before) if I freed up some
space.

But lately it hasn't worked at all:

System:
Linux; glibc-2.0 (redhat-type system)
Fix:
Download static version of cvsup

Likely bug:
Too old CVSup. Prolly last summer-ish. whoops.

Sorry about the false alarm, folks.

G'day, eh? :)
- Teunis

PS: now to check that ODBC driver again... *sigh*...