Reference Guide

From: "Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac(at)proxy(dot)bazzanese(dot)com>
To: docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Reference Guide
Date: 1998-03-26 20:02:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I'm writing Reference Manual pages and I have some questions about...

create rule:

      The man page says ...

           "The current rule system implementation is very brittle and
            is unstable.  Users are discouraged from  using  rules  at
            this time."

      My question are:
            Is this command a PostgreSQL deprecated feature ?
            Sould I skip it ?
            Does it works ?

declare:

         DECLARE cursor [ BINARY ]
              FOR SELECT expression

      The man page says ...

           "BINARY cursors give you back the data in the native binary
            representation. Thus, binary cursors will tend to be a
            little faster since there's less overhead of conversion."

      My question is:
            I can't see any difference between BINARY and normal cursors.
            Does it works ?

                                                            Thanks, Jose'