Re: [QUESTIONS] Re: [HACKERS] Show stopper ? (was: Re: "cruising" or "browsing" through tables using an index / ordering)

From: Jan Vicherek <honza(at)ied(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, dustin(at)spy(dot)net, pgsql-questions(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] Re: [HACKERS] Show stopper ? (was: Re: "cruising" or "browsing" through tables using an index / ordering)
Date: 1998-01-24 04:08:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > 	You'd be better off looking at something like GDBM (which, by the
> > way, also creates a lock against updates while another is reading the
> > database)...unless I'm missing something, you aren't looking at doing
> > anything that *requires* an SQL engine :(
>
> I agree.  GDBM is a fine system for such uses.

   We would like to convert to something that has more perspective, like
PostgreSQL does. We are not converting to PostgreSQL just to get this one
job done, but to layout a good platform for the future ...

  Yes ! PostgreSQL is highly regarded !

       Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
Jan Vicherek ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##  www.ied.com/~honza
    >>>    Free Software Union President  ...  www.fslu.org    <<<
Interactive Electronic Design Inc.    -#-    PGP: finger honza(at)ied(dot)com