Re: web interface for postgreSQL-P.S.

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)q8(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dellinger <aedellin(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: web interface for postgreSQL-P.S.
Date: 2000-12-18 17:57:17
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Andrew Dellinger wrote:

> I need to build a web interface for postgreSQL.
> Beyond doing something with java, what are my options?
>
> I have been playing around with perl, but I can't figure out how to
> get javascript and perl to interact.

use CGI;

... in your code do the usual
<SCRIPT>
</SCRIPT>

> PS I need the interface to be dynamic (able to insert and modify data).

I run perl CGI scripts for both Postgres and Mumps...samples available.
You will need DBI to use my samples or you can hack them to use
whatever interface you prefer.

               SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good                          tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
IS Coordinator / DBA                 Phone: 718-354-5528
                                     Fax:   718-354-5056