Re: Losing data from Postgres

From: Paul Breen <pbreen(at)computerpark(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Losing data from Postgres
Date: 2000-11-16 17:38:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Bonjour Jean-Marc,

Yeah, we get the feeling that it may be a vacuum+index related problem,
not sure though? As I said, we've gone back to only vacuuming twice a day
and the problem (we hope) has gone away. It leaves us feeling uneasy
though, when we fix a problem we like to understand why!

Basically we are going to monitor it for the next few weeks and if there
is no occurrence of the data loss, we will - grudgingly - consider it no
longer a problem. I'd still like to know what the Postgres backend
messages mean in the log, especially the one about "xid table corrupted"??

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their help & support, it is greatly
appreciated. If we have any break-throughs on this thorny subject we will
mail the list with our findings - cheers.

Paul M. Breen, Software Engineer - Computer Park Ltd.

Tel: (01536) 417155
Email: pbreen(at)computerpark(dot)co(dot)uk