Re: MemoryContextCheck()

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MemoryContextCheck()
Date: 2000-07-11 07:43:10
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

And my patch ? :-)

> >> --- and BTW. this Dllist design stand in the way for query cache :-)
>
> > That Dllist really has to be removed and made to use the existing
> > routines, if possible.
>
> Yeah, that dllist stuff is on my hit list for memory rewrite. It should
> be using palloc().

Yes. It is a long "malloc-list". IMHO if we have standard chunks and
pfree() is not a problem, we not need malloc. We can *always* use some
context. Now is malloc() very often used for persistent allocation, but it
is posible via some persistent context too. Or exist some real matter for
malloc()?

Karel

...malloc list:

bootstrap/bootstrap.c