Re: hello

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)q8(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
To: Javier Castro <javieracastro(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hello
Date: 2000-05-25 18:29:30
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Thu, 25 May 2000, Javier Castro wrote:

> Hi:
>

> I am from argentina. First of all, excuse my english, and second, i am a
> beginner to learn how to handle databases on the web.Here is my question:
>
> A company has a Clarion 5 database, and they want to make the data of it
> available on their web site. I begun to investigate how to do this, then i
> found the Database-HOWTO.gz on my Red Hat Linux CD. Now, i want to know if i
> can do the work (generate database reports on the web site) with the
> PostgreSQL?
>
> Please, again, excuse my poor english.
>
> And thanks for your time.
>
> Javier A. Castro

Hi Javier,

There are many ways to do it.  I use postgres with perl and CGI.
Works great.

Cheers,
Tom

I'd be happy to send a sample script offline.

               North Richmond Community Mental Health Center
Thomas Good, MIS Coordinator                tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
                                                        Phone: 718-354-5528
                                                        Fax:   718-354-5056
 North Richmond Systems       PostgreSQL                 s l a c k w a r e
   Are Powered By:              RDBMS                   |---------- linux