Re: Proposal for fixing intra-query memory leaks

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for fixing intra-query memory leaks
Date: 2000-05-02 21:22:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz> writes:
> > The chunk header must be relevant and same for all allocation methods and
> > must be independent on AllocSel (aset.c) code. Now, it is not. Am I right?
>
> Right. Actually it would work to have additional data before the
> standard link-to-context-plus-chunk-size fields, if a particular method
> really needed more per-chunk data. But I doubt we'd ever need that.

The chunk:

+--------------------+----------------------+-------------------+
| depend-header | standard-header | data............. |
+--------------------+----------------------+-------------------+
^ ^ ^
| | |
| | pointer to chunk
| |
| begin of standard chunk header

particular method header, begin of
this header is unknown for common routines.

IMHO in standard chunk header not must be chunk size. If something needs
chunk size it cat use depend-header.

It will very nice :-)

Karel