Re: 7.1 items

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.1 items
Date: 2000-04-06 10:39:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Oops, yes:
> >
> > WAL/write ahead log
> > TOAST/long tuples
> > outer joins
> > query tree redesign
> > function manager redesign
> >
> > What year to we want to release 7.1? :-)

If all will right (and major developers will agree) I plan PREPARE/EXECUTE
commands and changes in SPI background for plan saving (query cache).

> FWIW, my own plans for 7.1 revolve around ACL enhancements and build
> system clean up.

And if will implemented new ACL, I plan CREATE PROFILE feature (like Oracle)
for better user control (connection elapsed time, time period for connection,
default ACL mask ..ect.) .

Karel