RE: [HACKERS] Cache query implemented

From: Karel Zak - Zakkr <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Cache query implemented
Date: 2000-03-01 09:33:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> [...]

 Oh, yes I understand you now. No, prepare is a standard command
(interactive) (IMO).

> Seems x, y  after INTO are output variables. In embedded SQL they are
> host variables. But I don't know what they are in interactive SQL.

 A INTO is same as (example) SELECT ..INTO, see:

 PREPARE myplan AS SELECT * FROM tab;
 EXECUTE myplan INTO newtab;

 A INTO only remove query destination for cached plan.

 ...it is in my implementation. I don't no how it is in any others SQLs.
In my Oracle8's tutorial it isn't.

						Karel