EGCS & password connection

From: Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek <pajasoft(at)pinknet(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EGCS & password connection
Date: 1999-01-28 12:43:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
	Hi,

	I want use ECPG for connecting to PostgreSQL database. This database
use a password for connection. I don't know syntax "EXEC SQL connect to
<database>" and how there I specify the name and password for connection
[similar when I use psql....].

	I try many combinations, now I know, that string before 'to' is
placed as Name in ECPGconnect, but I wand use EXEC SQL... not ECPG*
functions.

	I try see the YACC source, but this is too much dificult for me and
I don't read information about this there.

	Can anybody help me?

	Thanx

				za FoNet, spol. s r.o., Pavel Janousek

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Margarita BarvinokDate: 1999-01-28 15:16:00