Is this a bug? or am I doing some thing wrong?

From: Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Is this a bug? or am I doing some thing wrong?
Date: 1998-12-19 18:30:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi all

shell_connection=> create view orders_v as
shell_connection->         select
shell_connection->                 o.qty as oqty,
shell_connection->                 odate,
shell_connection->                 sdate,

(odate and sdate are in orders only)

shell_connection->                 o.price as oprice,
shell_connection->                 c.*,
shell_connection->                 s.*
shell_connection->         from
shell_connection->                 orders o,
shell_connection->                 cust c,
shell_connection->                 shells s
shell_connection->         where
shell_connection->                 o.accno = c.accno and
shell_connection->                 o.stockno = s.stockno;
ERROR:  DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.
shell_connection=>

Is this a bug? or am I doing some thing wrong?
And if it is a bug, is it fixed in 6.4.1?

What's a 'rule plan string'? the part I typed? if so, how long can it be?
I also tried typing it all as one (wraped) line, but same thing.

Thanks and have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com>          http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner  Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.4
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!

Next:From: Clark EvansDate: 1998-12-19 20:31:19