Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!

From: Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!
Date: 1998-10-04 03:11:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi Bruce
On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I though we dumped views already.  If not, I am inclinded to apply it,

Your comment gave me cause to go read the pg_dump man page again, here is
what it has to say:

       rules and views
              pg_dump  does not understand user-defined rules and
              views and will fail to dump them  properly.   (This
              is  due  to the fact that rules are stored as plans
              in the catalogs and not textually)

Now, I did not (yet) do any thing about rules, only views.

Have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com>
sysadmin/owner  Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.3
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!