Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!

From: Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!
Date: 1998-10-04 02:49:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Bruce

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Hi all
> >
> > Is it too late to add a feature to pg_dump for 6.4??

> I though we dumped views already. If not, I am inclinded to apply it,

OH, ... well, if it does, I sure would like to know how, I missed it.

> but want to see what others say. I thought Jan was working on this, or
> was that just rewrite rules? Are you using his code? I know there is

I tryed to stay as much in style with the code that was there as possible.

> an item on the Open Items list that talks about this:
>
> have psql dump out rules text with new function
> Is that what this is?

I'm not sure that is the same, what my change does is add:
CREATE VIEW viewname AS select clause......;
to the dump file.

I did notice that if used with '-z' it also puts the revoke grant
statments there too. Not my doing, just nice.

At this time there are no provisions (by me any way) to dump any
associated update/delete rules on the view. Unless, like -z above, it
already works?

To the best of my knowlage this feature does not yet exist, if any one
else is working on it, I don't know.

> --
> Bruce Momjian | http://www.op.net/~candle
> maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | (610) 853-3000
> + If your life is a hard drive, | 830 Blythe Avenue
> + Christ can be your backup. | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com> http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.3
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!