Re: [INTERFACES] Perl modules

From: Tom Good <tomg(at)nrnet(dot)org>
To: Dr David Scott <ds(at)ganymede(dot)com>
Cc: "Konstantin S(dot) Kuznetsov" <ksk(at)ch70(dot)chel(dot)su>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Perl modules
Date: 1998-06-18 12:22:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Dr David Scott wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Konstantin S. Kuznetsov wrote:
>
> > I've got postgresql-6.3.2 with RedHat-5.1 distribution.
> > I need to write scripts using perl. Where can I find apropriate perl
> > modules, And what should I do to create perl interface to Postgresql..?
>
> All perl modules can be found in the CPAN archive at www.perl.org . In
> particular, you want to download the DBI and DBD:Pg modules.
>
> David Scott
> Montreal

Hello gents,

You can run the `default' perl interface that comes bundled with PostgreSQL
or you can do as I did...Edmund recommended to me that I run the DBD-Pg
module as its syntax is less like libpq and more like traditional perl
and/or Embedded SQL/C.

If you dial up www.panix.com/~dbindex.html I have links to sunsite uk
where you can grab Tim Bunce's latest DBI and Edmund's DBD-Pg.
We also have the binaries if you run slackware...

Cheers,
Tom

User Guide Dog Database Project