Re: FW: [HACKERS] now 6.4

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)taer(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: [HACKERS] now 6.4
Date: 1998-06-11 07:02:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998,

> >Bruce Momjian:
> >> PG_VERSION is now 6.4.  initdb everyone.  Or did we decide not to do
> >> this if we could help it.  I think we will still need to run initdb,
> and
> >> move the data files.
> >
> >I had thought we were going to avoid changing this unless there were
> changes
> >to persistant structures. Do you know what changed to require this?
>
> Humm... I think:
>
> 	Even if catalogs would not be changed, initdb is required
> 	since we have added a new function octet_length().
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.

With the bits I've claimed, were going to have even more functions, and a
new data type (large objects), so initdb is certain IMO.

--
Peter Mount, peter(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk
Postgres email to peter(at)taer(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk & peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Jose' Soares Da SilvaDate: 1998-06-11 10:15:56