Re: [GENERAL] About Deleting Large Objects

From: Peter Mount <pgsqlgen(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Philip Bierhoff <flip(at)win(dot)tue(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] About Deleting Large Objects
Date: 1998-05-20 18:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Philip Bierhoff wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new to the list, but couldn't find any information on the following
> question, neither in the manuals nor in the FAQ. Could someone help me out
> here?
>
> How do I effectively delete Large Objects from the database? DELETE just
> removes the oid from the table. I want the object itself to be deleted as
> well. Even a call to vacuum did not help. I'm using Postgres 6.3 on
> Linux 2.0.18.

This was discussed a little while ago (actually about 3 months ago), and I
did start to look into it, as JDBC, & probably ODBC are affected by this
more than libpq based apps, first using triggers, then using a custom
storage type.

I am looking into this (and hopefully I'll have more time to do so soon),
so it may be there for 6.4

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk