Re: [QUESTIONS] Accessing Postgresfrom JBuilder using JDBC

From: Patrick Scott Pierce <pspierce(at)slacker(dot)design(dot)mindspring(dot)net>
To: Peter T Mount <postgresdev(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] Accessing Postgresfrom JBuilder using JDBC
Date: 1998-03-25 23:40:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Peter,

In case anyone ask:

Here is what I did to ResultSet.java to get the proper Timestamp:
  public Timestamp getTimestamp(int columnIndex) throws SQLException
  {
    SimpleDateFormat df = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:sszzz");
    df.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getDefault());
    String s = getString(columnIndex);
    if (s != null)
      {
        try {
          java.util.Date d = df.parse(s);
          return new Timestamp(d.getTime());
        } catch (ParseException e) {
          throw new SQLException("Bad Timestamp Format: at " +
e.getErrorOffset() + "
 in " + s);
        }
      }
    return null;                // SQL NULL
  }

It allows me to update Timestamp on jbuilder.  I don't know what the
ramifications are elsewhere.

I never did look into the authorization wierdness.  Frankly, it works and
I don't have time to figure out why ;)  I did some stuff to getDate to get
it to work for me as well if anyone has a problem.  I don't know how much
of this would effect people not using jbuilder so it may be a moot point.

Patrick Scott Pierce
pspierce(at)mindspring(dot)com
CGI Programming
Mindspring Enterprises