Re: [QUESTIONS] Inheriting Triggers

From: Peter T Mount <postgresdev(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: David Harvey-George <DavidH(at)uk(dot)quza(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] Inheriting Triggers
Date: 1998-03-18 19:06:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, David Harvey-George wrote:

> I found that triggers don't get inherited... or rather the triggers
> for the superclass don't get checked when inserting or updating rows
> when enforcing referential intregrity.  This is a bit of a pain as it
> means I have to duplicate a lot of triggers.  Any idea if this can be
> fixed?  Presumably this would mean 'fixing' to the TRIGGER handling
> code to look up the inheritance stack calling the appropriate
> triggers?
>
> Maybe like inheriting PRIMARY KEY attributes this is more of a
> feature?

I did ask about this last weekend (while looking at some features for
JDBC). This looks like a similar problem.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Kent S. GordonDate: 1998-03-18 19:28:44