Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] Connect to Postgres with pure TCL

From: Peter T Mount <pgint(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, Paolo Cacciatori <paolo(at)plavis(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] Connect to Postgres with pure TCL
Date: 1998-01-13 20:31:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Herouth Maoz wrote:

> Another reason I'd like to see a Mac frontend is that it would give me an
> idea of what is expected of a GUI frontend in general. I'm toying with the
> idea of writing one in Java (or is there anybody else working on that?).

There are several already in existence. Take a look at Gamelan.

Also, as part of the other big project I have here (and the reason I
started with the JDBC driver), I do have the beginings of a Java based
front end sitting here. Depending on what my work load's like, I may have
it ready by the time 6.3 is released.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder