Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] the JDBC Driver

From: Peter T Mount <pgint(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Bryan Mann <bmann(at)whistle(dot)com>
Cc: Peter T Mount <postgresdev(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Zed A(dot) Shaw" <shawz(at)asu(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] the JDBC Driver
Date: 1998-01-11 17:18:17
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Bryan Mann wrote:
> Perhaps you could add a .SUFFIXES line to your Makefile.
>
> .SUFFIXES:  .java .class

I've just checked, and I'd already had that in there.

> For FreeBSD this is required till the system makefiles change to
> support .java and .class.

Same for GNUMake.

> Also the postgresql.jar rule barfs when trying to expand $^.
> Perhaps there is a more general way of doing this by just listing
> the directory 'postgresql'?

I've changed it so it uses find to get the classes. It's better this way
as there are more than 1 directory to the driver now.

Anyhow, I'm uploading the new driver now.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder