Re: [QUESTIONS] the JDBC Driver

From: Peter T Mount <postgresdev(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Zed A(dot) Shaw" <shawz(at)asu(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] the JDBC Driver
Date: 1998-01-09 17:26:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Zed A. Shaw wrote:

> >Where did you download it?
>
> www.demo.co.uk told me to download it from www.postgresql.com which told me
> to down load it from ftp.postgresql.org where I got the rpm file for version
> 6.3.

http://www.demon.co.uk/finder/postgres? If so, its my old site (when the
driver wasn't part of the distribution). The page is still there as I
haven't got round to updating the entry on gamelan/developer.com (which
I'll do when 6.3 is out).

That's interesting that there's one for 6.3, as were still working on 6.3
and I didn't think that the rpm guys were packaging the latest stuff yet,
as it's not even in beta yet.

> >If it was ours, there should be a README file that contains how to install
> >and the url.
> Nope, no README file.

Argh, that makes the rpm useful as the readme contains details on how to
use it!

Anyhow, everything for the driver is included in the source in directory
src/interfaces/jdbc. Anyhow, one of the things being worked on for 6.3 is
fresh documentation, including a copy online, so this will be less of a
problem.

I've attached the current README file, most should still be relevent.

An early copy of the driver's docs (just the api stuff, no useage docs
yet) are currently available on:

http://www.demon.co.uk/finder/postgres/jdbc/packages.html

--
Peter T Mount petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder

Attachment Content-Type Size
README text/plain 6.5 KB