Re: [INTERFACES] re: Postodbc not working

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Gottfried HARASEK <gharasek(at)compuserve(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] re: Postodbc not working
Date: 1998-03-26 17:31:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Gottfried HARASEK wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I too have dl'd the postodbc 0.35 from postodbc.magenet.com and it
> > doesn't work for me with Postgresql 6.3 _but_ it works with 6.2.x. So I
> > think this 0.35 was compiled for the old 6.2.x.
> >
> > As I read in an older email, the internal communication has changed, and
> > an odbcdriver that is intended to work with 6.3 shouldn't work with
> > 6.2.x, or am I totally wrong?
>
> 	No, you are correct...there are some pretty major changes in
> there...

Watch the contents of the include files.  When I was working on the OS/2
client port (libpq and psql) I found that a couple of include files had
older dates than their counterparts in 6.2.1.  One item that stands out
is PQsetdb changed from an extern to a #define.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
              "I'm just not a fan of promoting stupidity!
            We have elected officials for that job!" -- Rock