Re: explanation of some configs

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com>
Cc: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: explanation of some configs
Date: 2009-02-10 20:37:43
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, justin wrote:

> Not to be overly nick picking where is the version called out that it applies
> to.  Stating Older version is vague

It's at the bottom of the document.  I just updated the "Performance
Optimization" page to reflect that.  One of those things I keep meaning to
do is tag all of the documents on that page with the associated verison
number that was current when they were written; many of them cover V8.0 or
before.  It's not trivial to figure that out in all cases, for some you
need to know a bit about how the configuration parameters changed in order
to guess which version the advice applied to.