Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Kurt Harriman <harriman(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends
Date: 2008-12-05 09:24:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Kurt Harriman wrote:

> Actually I did email this to the list with 4 separate diffs in
> 4 separate attached files. I don't know why it appears all
> massed together at http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers.

Thanks for being so attentive. Your e-mail was fine, the archives just
mash multiple text-based attachments tagged as Text/PLAIN together like
that, as does my mail reader. 1522 lines of only renaming in part 1, no
wonder I gave up.

I see you've already started re-sending the individual parts as separate
messages; that's nice for initial casual browsing of them, but will get
boring for everybody if you do that every time. If you've got more than
one text file to attach, for future updates you might consider a tar
archive of them to keep them running together in the archives. Once
you're putting stuff into an archive, might as well compress it too,
particularly for a patch of this size.